Self development books are rising in popularity, but their direct effect on people is debatable. It is said that the most common result of reading a self development book is not some divine spiritual awakening, startup success or a new life journey.... but that the reader will buy another one. This certainly holds true for... Continue Reading →
5 Step Productivity Plan
1. Prepare Writing a list of objectives with the thought of the impending work needing to be done immediately is not impossible, but difficult. The temptations are to leave items off the list, aim for only 500 words rather than the 1000 needed to maintain progress to deadline or overlook important but less urgent tasks... Continue Reading →
5 Stories of Perspective & the Art of Overthinking
1. Self Governed Campsite Evacuation During my transition year from university to what I call 'real life', I spent 7 months working and travelling in New Zealand. This was a massive deal to me as until then I was very much a 'home bird', the walls of opportunity and reality were firmly fixed where the... Continue Reading →
5 Reasons Your Dog is Healthier & Happier Than You.
Diet: Dogs are generally given measured, nutritious meals... and you should have the same. You don't have to necessarily chow down on the pedigree with them though. Simply limit sugar, caffeine and alcohol, especially before sleep. Also avoid having food in the house that you tend to over indulge in: this will prevent the majority of diet... Continue Reading →
5 Benefits of a Paper Diary.
Writing something down in order to supplement our brains capacity for memory is a practice we have undertaken since around 3000 BC. Prior to that even, there are records of Homo-sapiens marking the walls of caves and rock faces. With the fast and worryingly consistent integration of the smart phone to every part of our lives,... Continue Reading →
5 Promising Movements in Modern Agriculture
1. Bee Vectoring Technology: Vectorite powder (CR7), is a beneficial fungus found naturally in the environment that promotes crop health and productivity. The powder is stored on the entrance of bee community hives and is distributed by the bees as they go about their daily business pollinating plants. It helps to prevent disease establishment in... Continue Reading →
5 Startups to Watch In 2019
1. Home Brew: The hobby is increasing in popularity and for good reason, it combines science, patience and beer... whats not to love. There is a certain satisfaction that comes from taking time on a home-brew, starting with raw materials and ending with your own unique drink to share with friends and family. The only... Continue Reading →
5 Favourite Videos for 2018.
1. Jehu Garcia - DIY Powerwall Builder, reuses old li-ion batteries to power his home and car. Following the trend for the movement off grid, his projects are both technically challenging and beautifully artistic. https://youtu.be/cNbsiZcwGSY 2. Ben Deakin taking on the 2018 Megavalanche - Alpe d'Huez. What better way to spend a lazy Sunday... Continue Reading →
5 Instagram Accounts to Follow.
1. julianradwildlife - Wildlife photographer, mainly small rodents with the occasional fox. His timing is exceptional, makes for some entertaining shots. Oh, and he sells a calendar, which looks brilliant! 2. autofinesse - A car detailing company, great products, and fantastic photos of the cars they treat. If you're into modified cars of all... Continue Reading →
You must be logged in to post a comment.